Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"We work on ourselves in order to help others, but also we help others in order to work on ourselves." Pema Chodron

So we lose our t.v. to a horrible death of muteness. Okay, no big deal, right? Right. Just before our t.v. lost it's sound-I canceled my Myspace page. I could not stop checking my page. It was an obsession. Self control became an issue. In my bored hours--instead of reading, gardening or what have you...I would Myspace it up. No more. It's gone. Well, it's almost gone. They are deleting it now. SO NOW-I do not have a Myspace account or a T.V. People these two things use to absorb so much of my time. Now, I have prepared a list for you of things I have done since discarding those two items. It feels liberating and oh so weird. I am weird. I know. Call me weirdo Mcweido-son it's fine.

1. I read a book in 1 and 1/2 days. Wha you say?! Yes, I did. This is unheard of from me.

2. We finally went and got this oh so special organic soil (Edna's) that is amazing and filled our last garden bed. It already has proven to be better then the other soil we bought. The little starter guys are so happy.

3. We rode our bikes to Kelly Point Park.

4. Started in on the largest stack of bills in the history of the world. Don't worry they are paid-they just need to be put in there proper spots.
5. I finally changed out the window planter boxes to perennials so now they will last and last. hopefully.

Also, side note--I am going to cut my hair off. Not sure what yet but I am gonna do it. eek.

No comments: