Sunday, April 13, 2008

Vitamin D

76 degrees and sunny in Portland, Oregon. You may be scratching your head pondering the idea but YES-it actually happened. A few friends and I decided to gear up and make some plans for the big day. We decided that yard work/lounging in the sun was in order and then a BBQ. Before we had the BBQ, we lounged in LOUNGE CHAIRS and read and hubby did yard work-go hubby! We grabbed some SPF 50, sunglasses, a hat, and our lounge chairs. We then hit the backyard-Cali style without the pool. When I closed my eyes I could see a sparkling pool.

My cutie husband worked so hard weeding/yardening. Our adorable dog, Rosie, was helping.


It was an impromptu BBQ, which meant there was really no planning. In the end, this meant a lot of food. Never a bad thing though. Who doesn't need 13 bags of chips.


Friends from Cali were in town to enjoy our 1 day of really awesome weather.

We played in the sun.


Some four square had to be played. I need some practice. I suck. and I really don't mind.



By the end of the night, Wubbit became sad that she had to leave.


Today it's partly cloudy and warm. Although, as I write this....the clouds are rolling in. We are to expect SLEET this week. huh.

And, because I can-a list of to-do's and stuff:
--Must make a grocery list.
--Go grocery shopping.
--Finish my part of the weeding.
--Finish knitting the 2 scarves I started 1 thousand years ago.
--Finish reading 'Kafka on the shore'-sheesh. Good but sheesh.
--Re-arrange our 2nd room to be my office. I don't even know where to start. I might need to call in Kate of All Trades.
--Buy some new kicks. (Summer sandals and tennis shoes).
--Build a garden box. PLANT VEGGIES.
--Passive Aggressive blogging by others is AWESOME.

M. Ward on Conan

2 comments:

Kate said...

Saturday was AWESOME. The upside to living in Portland? I'm so grateful for days like that. I used to take them for granted in CA.

PS - Look for something fun in the mail today. Or maybe tomorrow.

A lady and her family. said...

I know. I agree, I definitely took them for granted.

I got the bracelet. It's so pretty. It will be a great summer accessory. :)