Sunday, March 2, 2008

Alone or with our wives.

There was a time when I would photograph our dinners and blog about them on a separate blog-which I no longer use. really. Last night was a good example of why I should start that up again and continue it as often as I can. We had some friends over last night and enjoyed the company of their new (7 month) old little baby girl. I didn't bust my camera out at ALL...so unlike me. Me and my phases are so unpredictable. Between pictures of the new baby and friends and the food we indulged in-we would have had one heck of an entry here.

Leek and Fennel Pasta:
Julienned Fennel
Chopped Leeks
Linguine
Large chopped chunks of Yellow Squash
Lots of dried herbs
Olive oil
(and for those non-vegans...herb crusted goat cheese to sprinkle on top)
and next time the juice of a lemon

Beet and Edamame salad:
Sliced and roasted red beets
Chopped Romaine lettuce
Steamed edamame
Sesame/soy vinaigrette
Chopped green onion

And the guests brought a tasty french loaf to accompany our dishes.

We also had dessert but um....it would have sent us all over the edge but just for sharing....
a scoop of Rice Dream Vanilla ice cream, raspberries and dark chocolate bits. Still sitting in the freezer for another day.

Plus we drank whiskey, red wine, white wine and beer-as a group-I didn't just drink all these different beverages in one night. Go us!

And to leave you with a bit of H-A-W-T-N-E-S-S!

No comments: